Thursday, August 18, 2011

A New Venture

Hi! This is my new venture in blogging land. I'm not too sure what I'm hoping to do here - other than create a record of some of the things I like to do. Things I like to do with my 4 children at their different ages and stages, things I like to do for my children, and things I just like to do myself.
I like to click around online and see what other people are doing. There are lots of crafty bloggers out there who do things way better than I do, but I like to have a go at lots of different things. I'm not very creative in a having the ability to make it up myself kind of way, but I'm pretty good at following a pattern or a recipe. It is my hope that I will be able to teach my children, and maybe even teach myself along the way, how to be creative and express themselves freely as well as the discipline of following a recipe or pattern.
One of my big challenges when doing craft with the girls is to let them do it how they want to do it and not be so worried about the end result but letting them enjoy and learn through the process. Of course sometimes I think that stepping in and whisking away a beautiful drawing before it is destroyed is appropriate! But all to often I find myself saying "No that's not how you're supposed to do it!!" Once again it's a matter of finding a happy balance between giving direction and helpful advice, and actually letting them do it!
Anyway, we'll see how we go, hopefully it will be a fun ride as we eat, paint and sew- for me and my girls, even if noone else!

No comments:

Post a Comment