Friday, October 7, 2011

10 things

Well the end of the school holidays has come all to quickly for me - a lovely week in the mountains and lovely one at home with swimming lessons everyday at the local pool after our birthday long weekend. I deliberately didn't organise much else in the week and that proved a good move - not only because my biggest girl came down with a fever and was quite lethargic and just wanted to mooch around, but also because of the time it afforded the other girls to just play. To rediscover toys they haven't touched for a while. To rediscover playing - really playing - together. To get bored and find new things to make and do. To still be in our pyjama's at midday!

I was looking at a few other blogs this evening and one suggested making a list of 10  good things - and so I thought I'd give it a go - so here are my 10 good things that I'm thankful for today:

1. The sound of little girls singing while they paint
2. A tired one saying 'I think I just want to go to bed now'
3. Little arms clasped around tight my neck
4. Reading books to girls on a rug in the afternoon spring sun
5. Finally seeing some flowers on my sweet peas
6. Eating snow peas and coriander from the vegie garden
7. Successfully striking some daisies from my mum's garden - first time ever!!
8. Dinner eaten without complaint
9. Everyone sleeping until after 7am and playing (reasonably) quietly when they did wake up
10. Watching 3 girls enjoying swimming lessons with no. 4 waving to them.

What are you thankful for today?

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead!
1 Peter 1:3

No comments:

Post a Comment